Re: SVGElement dataset

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2014 08:43:51 +1100
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
CC: www-svg@w3.org
Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> If you're going to do that, you should do it. Right now everyone except
> WebKit/Blink implements the spec as written, and aren't too likely to
> randomly change unless the spec changes.

It makes sense to me, especially given we have already moved className
and classList up to Element.  I think I recall Anne being reluctant
though?  (Might have been in the context of a different IDL attribute
being moved up to Element though.)

Regardless, the SVG WG decided a while ago that data-* attributes and
the API should be available on SVG elements, so if this doesn't move up
to Element, we'll make it available on SVGElement.