Re: data-* attributes (and regrets)

Hello Tab,

> On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 11:38 AM, Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org> wrote:
>> Despite asking for the data-* topic, I won't be able to make it to
>> tonights telcon. I can put together an email introducing the topic and
>> we can discuss it by email.

> Is it just going to be "let's do data-* attributes in SVG"? If so, I
> can handle that. ^_^

Yes, exactly that. Some browsers implement it and its an obvious fit.
Anne pointed out its not specced anywhere. So I wanted it to be
specced.

SVG has always allowed intermixed data (at the time it was designed,
by using elements and attributes in non-SVG namespsces, exposed
through the DOM). data-* is the HTML5 way and SVG2 aligns with HTML5
thus SVG2 must allow data-* attrs in SVG and let people get at them,
just like they do in HTML.

--
Best regards,
 Chris Lilley, Technical Director, W3C Interaction Domain