Re: Proposal: <star> element

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 2:07 PM, Dr. Olaf Hoffmann <Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de>wrote:

> Stephen Chenney:
> > The SVG language already contains sufficient functionality to express
> > the star element use cases presented thus far.

> > Philip's argument is that the cost of the
> > star element is unnecessary. He says nothing at all about the necessity
> of
> > other features.
> >

> This is your/his personal point of view -

Yes, the cost/benefit trade-off for the star element is my personal point
of view. It would help if we actually had measured data so we could reduce
the need for personal opinion.

If we reduce this idea of 'everything is already possible' to the
> essentials,
> we can replace SVG completely by PNG and MNG.

Yes, if you reduce the idea you state. But that is not the idea I nor
Philip are stating or have stated. We are not concerned with "everything",
we are concerned with "the star element".

Stephen.