Re: Rendering of marker-start at the beginning of a subpath

Then the paragraph says "One way to prevent this is to set ‘marker-end’ to
none". Which a reader could easily interpret to mean it is talking about
start and end.

When you are totally familiar with what specification intends to say, the
meaning of a sentence can be clear.  On the other hand, when you are
reading it for the first time, and trying to parse intention from just a
few sentences, it can be easy to misinterpret the correct behaviour.  Hence
the different implementations that the OP pointed out.

I should not have replied to the email when I was tired because I ended up
making that mistake myself.  My apologies to you, Regina.

Paul