SVG2 spec.

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 09:05:30 -0600
To: "SVG WG" <public-svg-wg@w3.org>, "SVG public list" <www-svg@w3.org>

1. Events:

Currently, we refer to DOM2 events. The webapps working group is producing
a UI Events spec. which includes the new keyboard events as well as a DOM3
events spec. Shouldn't we be referring to the DOM3 events and not DOM2?

https://svgwg.org/svg2-draft/interact.html#SVGEvents

DOM3 events
http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Events/

This also effects the appendix where we refer to DOM2. We are going to have
to redo the appendix as it refers to mutation events which are gone.

Note: Only recently did HTML start a DOM4 events spec. so that is a lot
further off.

2. Accessibility appendix

The appendix has a section on SVG accessibility which given the extensive
enhancements to SVG accessibility having an appendix will be woefully
inadequate. Is there any objection to removing this section? This really
needs to be a separate document. ... we basically need an authoring
practices guide.

Rich