Re: 'stroke' shorthand

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 18:04:54 -0800
To: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>
Cc: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 6:00 PM, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com> wrote:
> 2) Furthermore, a shorthand can not have its “own” syntax. It can only inherit the syntax of one of the longhand. Following the rules of CSS, we would need to introduce a new longhand property taking the values of the current ’stroke’ property.

Slight clarification: it can have its own syntax, but it must
decompose into longhand properties.  That is, a shorthand is *defined*
solely by the values of the longhand properties it decomposes into.

But yes, your conclusion is right - the current value of 'stroke'
would have to move into a longhand, probably 'stroke-color' or
something.

~TJ