Multi-page SVG support

From: honyk <j.tosovsky@email.cz>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 22:13:52 +0100
To: <www-svg@w3.org>
Dear All,

in my web app I generate multi-page vector outputs suitable for common A4
printers.

The final PDF is produced by merging multiple single-page PDF files
generated from SVG templates. This 'many SVGs to single PDF' approach
requires lots of server resources.

All this is a workaround for inability to create a multi-page SVG.

And at the end, in modern browsers that use native PDF viewers, this PDF
content is converted back to some kind of HTML 5 code... (which consumes
other resources, nut now on the client side)

Is there any plan to support multi-paged SVGs in the future?

I found just this not very recent overview:

http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Multipage#Multipage_in_the_SVG_stand
ard

Thanks,

Jan