Re: SVGSVGElement.toDataURL()

From: Klaus Förster <klaus.foerster@uibk.ac.at>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 08:54:54 +0100
To: Robert Longson <longsonr@gmail.com>
CC: www-svg@w3.org
On 03/11/2013 03:22 PM, Robert Longson wrote:
> Looks pretty much cross browser to me according to the final row here:
> http://samples.msdn.microsoft.com/ietestcenter/#html5Canvas
The test you are referring to uses an SVG image as src attribute for the
HTMLImageElement that gets passed to Canvas drawImage. This is of course
valid according to the canvas specification but not what I was referring
to. I would like to use SVGSVGElement directly as source for drawImage
or even better SVGSVGElement.toDataURL to skip all the intermediate
steps needed to convert from SVG to raster. The browser has done this
conversion already when it displays my SVG content, so why not allow to
export it as raster as well?

Klaus

[1]
http://samples.msdn.microsoft.com/ietestcenter/html5/canvas_harness.htm?url=canvas-images-drawImage-001