Re: DOM 4 request

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 15:12:25 -0400
To: www-svg@w3.org
On 3/11/13 9:18 AM, Richard Schwerdtfeger wrote:
> Here is the HTML5
> HTML5 Document element Interface:
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/CR/dom.html#the-document-object

This is a partial interface.  That means that it adds things to the
Document interface, for all documents.

> So, are you suggesting that we simply take the HTML5 Document Object
> interface and basically address the mapping issues like return null for
> objects that have no applicability to SVG in a standalone environment?

The HTML5 spec should already define what these methods do in that
environment, since it's putting them on all documents.  If it doesn't,
that's a bug in the HTML5 spec.

That said, I agree that moving some of these into domcore may make
sense.  The fact that Document is split between domcore and HTML5 this
way is pretty silly.

-Boris