From: Doss, Otis W., III [mailto:Bill.Doss@jhuapl.edu]
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2013 3:45 PM
To: www-svg@w3.org
Subject: Issue with "An SVG Primer for Today's Browsers"

I've been reading "An SVG Primer for Today's Browsers" to learn about SVG a=
nd I had a problem running the examples for the <use> tag.  In the code for=
the example and in the highlighted box, the syntax for the hyperlink to th=
e group to "use" is specified as follows:

                xlink:href=3D"G"

In order to get this to work in my browser, Chrome Version 24.0.1312.57 m, =
I had to add an "#" to the id:

                xlink:href=3D"#G"

Just thought I'd pass this along.

Thanks,

Otis William Doss III

Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory

FPD/KTA

9-124

(240) 228-8398