Re: ACTION-3388: Investigating ArcThrough

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 3:28 AM, Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org> wrote:
> On 25/09/2012 19:38 , Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>> Ooh, fill is a very good point - it's indeterminate which side is
>> inside and which is outside.
>>
>> Okay, then, I relent.  In that degenerate case, we should say that no
>> path is drawn, and it simply moves to the end point.
>

> Ah, but doesn't that open the risk of there being a flicker if the point is
> animated? I guess that no path is drawn, but that animation ought to be
> careful to skip over the alignment position.

If you were filling, it would flicker anyway when you crossed the
point.  This is just a weird degenerate case with a lot of problems.
I'm not comfortable with this kind of flickering, or discontinuities
in behavior in general, but I don't see a good way to define the
behavior for this.

~TJ