Re: [svg2] radialGradient @fr constraints

On 2012-08-30 12:44, Dr. Olaf Hoffmann wrote:
> And if it is allowed to set fx,fy outside the circle, fr positive or
> negative, one still needs to define the effect for spreadMethod as
> already mentioned. Because this is already problematic, if the point
> is on the circle, do you have any idea about a meaningful behaviour of
> spreadMethod, if fx,fy is outside and not corrected? spreadMethod
> seems to be only simple, if there is not selfintersection of the
> gradient. Olaf
I have written a blog post on how one can look at radial gradients, and
the effect of having the focus on or outside the circle:

http://jaspervdg.wordpress.com/2012/09/03/specifying-radial-gradients/

I have included several examples and diagrams, but if there is still
anything that is unclear, feel free to say so and I'll update it.

The post also gives some suggestions for dealing with the instability
that occurs when the focus (zero-radius point in my post) is on the circle.