Re: Cross domain resource

On 10/29/12 5:48 AM, Erik Dahlstrom wrote:
> SVG Tiny 1.2 does require support for some external resources (e.g
> <use>), see [1].

Ah, perfect.
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGTiny12/linking.html#externalReferences is
actually the text I had been looking for.

Note that this text presents another incompatibility between the
processing models for external references and images as far as I can
tell: Once you load http://foo/bar.svg#x as an external resource for a
given document, loading http://foo/bar.svg#y as an external resource for
a given document MUST per Tiny12 use the same bar.svg no matter what the
cache headers and whatnot say.  I'm fairly certain that's not the case
for images, at least in Gecko: images are coalesced based on full URI,
not URI-minus-fragment-ident, and even then there is room for cache
invalidation, I think.

And Tiny12 requires that as well, actually:

   References to any other kinds of document, such as media or external
   scripts, are not classified as primary or resource documents.
   Multiple references to media at a particular IRI always result in
   separate timelines being created.

(Of course Tiny12 also says that script must run in the external
resource document, but that's a separate problem.)

-Boris