Re: Cross domain resource

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 22:57:19 -0400
To: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>
CC: "www-svg@w3.org" <www-svg@w3.org>
On 10/26/12 10:01 PM, Dirk Schulze wrote:
> Time to do the spec work then :)

+1.  ;)

> In Firefox external clipPath elements still affect hit testing, right?

I haven't checked, but they should: the code that does clipPath has no
idea it's got an external element.  It just asks for a paint server for
the given URI and gets one back, then uses it.

> But I guess this is not a problem because of the restriction to scripts and to the same origin?

We think that significantly mitigates the problems, yes.  In particular,
there's no point using hit-testing to try to grab information from a
same-origin file, since you can just read the file.

-Boris