Re: text decorations and rotated glyphs

Is there any information at all about how real-world content creators use
this feature? That is, the people who would be inconvenienced one way or
the other?

I think it is much easier to create some geometry that matches the
underline for an entire word than it is to create geometry that follows
rotated and otherwise offset characters. Absent compelling evidence that
one way is "right", I argue for the thing that is easiest to work around.
So I think the underline moves with the glyph.

Stephen.