Re: First experience with SVG

Hi Jeremie, I appreciate your reply! I find very interesting the additions
to SVG 2, hopefully the standard will be finalised soon and we'll see it
implemented in browsers. :-)

Just a minor clarification:

On Wed, 20 Jun 2012, Jeremie Patonnier wrote:

> 2012/6/20 Dimitrios Apostolou <jimis@gmx.net>
>
>       On another note, I had trouble with horizontally stacked bars that looked like one big bar. No padding/margin style applies to <rect>. Am I supposed to
>       change the coordinates of thousands rects just to put some gap between them?
>
> Yes, as I said before : no flow in SVG so padding and margin are irrelevant.

I understand why margin has to do with flow. Still,
padding could be irrelevant of flow and implemented as the distance
between the (x0,y0),(x1,y1) outer rect and the actual shape in it.

E.g. if padding is 1 then the shape should actually be contained in
(x0+1,y0+1), (x1-1,y1-1).

Finally, about the transform issue, as a first step it would be easy to
add percentage lengths in functions, e.g. translate(0,100%). Unfortunately
I'm an SVG newcomer so I can't propose a proper way for starting coords at
bottom-left (or elsewhere) without inverting text and shapes.

Thanks,
Dimitris