RE: SVG <glyph> element spec

I would suggest
https://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=off&tbo=d&sclient=psy-ab&q=david+dailey+s
vg+geometric+accessibility&oq=david+dailey+svg+geometric+accessibility&gs_l=
hp.3...5380.16823.0.17361.44.41.1.2.2.0.245.4752.12j28j1.41.0.les%3B..1.0...
1c.1.63cscocq4tQ&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.
dmQ&fp=a5dcfad2a6298f40&bpcl=40096503&biw=782&bih=473

or
http://www.svgopen.org/2011/papers/43-Geometric__Accessibility/index.html

The main point to be drawn here is that if authors don't have accessible
ways to make fancy text effects available in accessible formats, then they
will resort to bitmaps and implementers will be liable in lawsuits, since
they have been warned. I'm not a stockholder, so it doesn't much matter to
me, but it might to them.

I exaggerate from time to time, as is well documented, so one needs to read
substance midst humor. There is sufficient substance, though, to document
that without proper ways of embedding graphical effects within text then
zillions of dollars will flow unpredictably, in the traditions of litigious
turbulence and global warming. Certain companies have traditionally
benefited from turbulence, but many have grown weary and grey and are less
likely to thrive on upheaval.

Cheers