RE: handling XLink deprecation

Hello,

The problems of tying XML to a namespace-based web-unfriendly spec like xlink have become apparent to me recently.  So I proposed that simple hypermedia affordances, or the means to create them anyway, be built in to the XML core, and so inherited by any XML vocabulary (which wished to use them):

@xml:href, @xml:src, @xml:type, @xml:rel, @xml:hreflang, @xml:method and @xml:tref

Of course these attributes don't actually exist (yet), so are only notionally an option for some future iteration of SVG, but we have been discussing a proposal for these hypermedia components in the XML Hypermedia Community Group.

Please consider this an invitation to join the discussion there.

http://www.w3.org/community/xmlhypermedia/

Regards,
Peter Rushforth