Re: luminanceToAlpha values in FEColorMatrix

Hi Dean,

On Mon, 05 Sep 2011 22:41:09 +0200, Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org> wrote:

> On Friday, September 2, 2011, 3:10:53 AM, Dean wrote:
> DJ> It turns out there are a
> DJ> few different specifications for this. The closest to what is
> DJ> specified is in Rec. ITU-R BT.709-5 [1], but it is slightly
> different:
>
> DJ>   0.2126 red, 0.7152 green, 0.0722 blue

I see that the filter draft was updated[1] recently to use the higher
precision values, 0.2127 red, 0.7152 green, 0.0722 blue. That however sums
to 1.0001, and we'd be better off using the above values instead (for the
red channel). But looking ahead a bit I think it would be even better if
we used the below figures instead.

> Those are the correct values (to 4 figures). For higher precision, the
> values are 0.212656 0.715158 0.072186

I've not yet made any attempts to fix this, but I have created an action
to do so[2].

[1] http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/FXTF/rev/b31bb9367aef
[2] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/fx/track/actions/53

Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group