RE: luminanceToAlpha values in FEColorMatrix

> Maybe my disconnect comes from thinking about the destination/document profile. Looking through the SVG spec, I can't find what colorspace the colors are mapped to. Is it the device profile or sRGB?

The way I read it, everything gets composited in sRGB or Linear sRGB (after conversion from the specified color space using the specified intent) and then presumably converted to the device profile (with an undefined intent).

Chris has stated recently that pixels that don't have to be composited will be converted from the specified color directly to the device profile using the specified intent.
I'm not sure there are implementations following this interpretation, nor is it very clear to me how this will be handled in future specifications.

In the meantime I'm inclined to state that even though SVG accepts all kinds of input colors, the only feasible working or output space is sRGB (and that's a shame as support for cmyk and spot colors would be more than welcome for those wanting to print SVG vector art)

With kind regards,

Nick Hofstede
R&D Manager

Phone: +32 3 821 01 70