Re: stroke=gradient for lines or horizontal paths

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 10:00 AM, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au> wrote:

> Erik Dahlstrom:
> > There is no DOM method available to get a bbox including the
> > stroke/filter effects/markers or any combination thereof in SVG 1.1.
> > That doesn't exclude the possibility of adding that functionality to
> > SVG2 of course, which I assume is what Alex was getting at.
>
> Also, once we have different kinds of bounding boxes, I think it would
> make sense to extend attributes like gradientUnits="" to be able to
> choose them.

Why don't we just alter the SVG spec so that when drawing a stroke, the
bounding box used for the paint server is the bounding box of the path
including the stroke? I find it hard to imagine this would break anything
that wasn't already broken.

Then we can talk about "fill bounding box" and "stroke bounding box", and
assume that all current uses of "bounding box" refer to "fill bounding box"
unless otherwise stated.

Rob
--
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in
us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our