RE: SVG Fonts inside of OpenType fonts? [Cross-post from www-font@w3.org]

Yes, this is one of the aspects of the proposal we have on the table: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-font/2011AprJun/0171.html

Regards,
Vlad

From: public-webfonts-wg-request@w3.org [mailto:public-webfonts-wg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Brian Stell
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2011 12:31 PM
To: robert@ocallahan.org
Cc: Stuart Gill; list.adam@twardoch.com; www-font@w3.org; www-svg@w3.org; www-style@w3.org; public-webfonts-wg@w3.org; OpenType List
Subject: Re: SVG Fonts inside of OpenType fonts? [Cross-post from www-font@w3.org]

Could we use an coverage table (see OpenType Layout Common Table Formats) to handle mapping SVG glyphs to TT glyphs?
On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 11:52 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org<mailto:robert@ocallahan.org>> wrote:
I don't think we should have a separate "smap" table. That would add complexity to character lookup paths. A large sparse sloc table would probably be OK; if not, use a different representation that more efficiently represents gaps.

Rob
--
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us." [1 John 1:8-10]