Re: Is there a common practice for writing rel="canonical" in SVG?

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 1:13 AM, Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu <kennyluck@w3.org> wrote:
> Hi SVG folks,
>
> rel="canonical"[1] in HTML's <link> element identifies the canonical page
> (or the preferred URL) of the current content. I am wondering what's the
> most commonly used equivalent of HTML's rel="canonocial" in SVG.
>
> The SVG1.2 tiny spec about <metadata> mentions Dublin Core, and
>
> <metadata>
> <rdf:RDF>
> <dc:identifier>%URL%</dc:identifier>
> </rdf:RDF>
> </metadata>
>
> seems like a way to do so, but I doubt this is commonly used. Any
> alternative?

I don't know about it being commonly consumed, but in terms of
creation it's perhaps worth noting that Inkscape has a "Document
Metadata" dialogue. That dialogue includes a field for "Identifier"
which does end up in the file in that format. I use it to note the
canonical URL for each of my comic strips, in the hope that, one day,
something more useful might be made of this metadata by search
engines.

Mark

--
"The Greys" -  a sci-fi webcomic, created using Inkscape
http://www.peppertop.com/