Re: mobileOK and SVG Tiny 1.2

Hi, Jonathan-

There are no current plans to extend the mobileOK checker. If I recall
correctly, that was done as part of a special EU-funded project, and we
don't currently have the resources to revisit it.

Some of the advice on there is still applicable to SVG, and relevant to
smartphones, but some is not. Modern smartphones such as the iPhone,
Android, etc. have a different set of constraints than the mobileOK
guidelines, by the way... they behave very similarly to full-fledged
desktop browsers, and share much of the same codebase.  MobileOK is more
applicable for more limited devices.

However, we do intend to make an updated RelaxNG schema for SVG1.1
(carrying forward to SVG2), to improve the validation of SVG in general.

BTW, Peter-Paul Koch and John Resig have been doing a lot of mobile
browser testing recently... you might look at the results they are
pulling in.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs