From: www-svg-request@w3.org [mailto:www-svg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Jeff Schiller
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 10:59 AM
To: Patrick Dengler
Cc: www-svg@w3.org
Subject: Re: SVG/Canvas DrawImage Issue

Awesome!  Can't wait to have drawImage(mySvgImage) in <canvas> :)

Opens the door to automating SVG test cases too - use canvas pixel operations to check the rendered results of a SVG file.  Of course that requires all browsers to support this :/

Intuitively, I guess I would have thought it was percentage of the <canvas> element's dimensions.

Whatever the decision might be, it looks like an update to http://dev.w3.org/html5/canvas-api/canvas-2d-api.html#images will be required.

Jeff
On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 6:51 AM, Patrick Dengler <patd@microsoft.com<mailto:patd@microsoft.com>> wrote:
>From the canvas spec, drawImage states that drawImage should draw based on the intrinsic dimensions of an image.

We need clarification on what to do if the intrinsic dimensions of the source are percentage based.

Webkit establishes the size the based on window size when you loaded it.  When you resize the window, you get different results on the Canvas.

Thoughts/Clarifications are welcomed.