Re: Fwd: XBL2

On Friday, September 3, 2010, 8:51:46 AM, Anne wrote:

AvK> On Fri, 03 Sep 2010 08:46:40 +0200, Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org> wrote:
>> XBL2 was already a step back compared to sXBL for use with SVG; these
>> recent unilateral changes appear to make it impossible, rather than
>> merely hard, to use with SVG.

AvK> Why? Seems to me you can use it just fine with SVG.

In HTML5, with a mixed HTML and SVG document, the parser constructs a DOM which puts the HTML elements in the HTML namespace and the SVG elements in the SVG namespace.

If XBL2 is part of HTML and has no namespace support, how would you get at elements not in the HTML namespace?

 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG