Re: does <set> add an attribute to node.attributes

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 6:11 AM, ddailey <ddailey@zoominternet.net> wrote:

>  In this funny little example:
> http://srufaculty.sru.edu/david.dailey/svg/test/changeAttr4a.svg
>
> I measure the number of attributes associated with a node before and after
> applying a
> <set attributeName="stroke-dasharray" begin="mouseout" to="0"
> onbegin="aftercount()"/>
>
> to an object that previously had no stroke-dasharray.
>
> Opera says the thing has 10 attributes before and 11 after. Firefox and
> ASV+IE tell me that it has 10 both before and after. Chrome and Safari seem
> a bit displeased with the experiment in general (handling the rollover
> effect in a way that makes me displeased and not enjoying my attempt to
> trigger script from set.begin  -- frankly I wasn't at all sure that that
> would work at all anyhow and was rather pleased to see that it did, so it
> may not be webkit's problem!)

I think your example clearly should work, per spec. You should probably file
a bug.

 Anyhow, I went looking in the SVG 1.1 spec to see if I could see relevant
> language, but didn't see the answer in any obvious place.

Nothing in the spec says that animations should change the DOM, therefore
they shouldn't change the DOM. I think Opera has a bug.

Rob