Re: How far off is SVG 2.0?

Hi, Mark-

kitfox@golden.net wrote (on 10/12/10 1:46 AM):
> I posted a little while ago suggesting that a new feColorRamp tag would be
> useful to have in SVG.  Someone replied that it may be considered for the
> next generation of SVG.
>
> I was wondering when exactly the next iteration of SVG might be produced?
> SVG 1.1 has been around for several years now.  Is a major revision in the
> works?

We are working on SVG 2 right now, albeit not full-time until we finish
up SVG 1.1 Second Edition.  We are actively developing the various
modules that will make up the basis of SVG 2.

You can see our rough vision of the roadmap here:
   http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Roadmap

And you can see the list of our active specs in the sidebar here:
   http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs