[SVGF1.12 LC] marker direction if average direction is zero?

Hi Dr. Hoffmann,

Nice find! This is a very interesting case you raise. We noted this comment (ISSUE-2337 [1]) in our list of SVG Full 1.1 Last Comments to address.

After discussion in our telephone conference [2], I was assigned ACTION- 2814 [3] to add wording to the specification. We decided that for this particular case in SVG Full 1.1 2nd that the behaviour is undefined. The wording has now been added and can be found in the current unpublished version of the SVG Full 1.1 2nd Edition specification [4]. We will however, look to define a behaviour for this case in SVG 2 [5].

Please let the SVG Working Group know at your earliest convenience if the change satisfactory.

Kind Regards,

Anthony Grasso.

[1] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2337
[2] http://www.w3.org/2010/07/06-svg-minutes.html
[3] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2814
[4] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/master/painting.html#OrientAttribute
[5] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2381

The information contained in this email message and any attachments may be confidential and may also be the subject to legal professional privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately advise the sender by return email and delete the information from your system.