Re: Inheritance during SVG Animation of CSS properties -- should "base value" incorporate ancestors' animation effects?

Thanks Olaf,

But I'm still confused.

> the SMIL result for the frozen value is #404040 + 0.5 * inherit.
> Because according to SVG/CSS inherit can be a time dependent color
> value, this result is time dependent as well.

I understand that inherited values can be time dependent.  The animation
function is time dependent, obviously, and must yield a valid value.  At
  2.5s that value is a color.  Why is that value not the frozen value?
Or, to edit your result above, why isn't the frozen value

f(2.5) = #404040 + 0.5 * inherit(2.5)

Ken