Re: Fwd: SVG Fonts [...]

Rick wrote:
> [...]

Strictly speaking, you also lose the ability to specify kerning pairs for the
"fo" combination (and others alike). Hence, you'd need to manually lay it out
correctly so the word "font" doesn't look funny. Additionally, if Asian
languages were being used you'd have to manually place the characters in the top
right hand corner and then align them correctly so they flow downwards nicely.
Furthermore, for Arabic (and Hebrew I think) I believe the glyphs change
depending on how they are combined to form a word. Oh the headaches...

While we are on the topic of Asian characters, a cool thing that could be done
with SVG fonts is different Chinese character mappings. For example, I could
specified for each traditional Chinese character the equivalent simplified
Chinese character. Hence, any traditional characters that are written or used in
a page would automagically come out as simplified Chinese.

...Anthony