Re: SVG Fonts [...]

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 4:01 AM, Dirk Schulze <vbs85@gmx.de> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 03.06.2010, 19:34 +1200 schrieb Robert O'Callahan:
>> On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 6:48 PM, Dirk Schulze <vbs85@gmx.de> wrote:

> I don't realy care about what ACID3 is doing. And I agree, that ACID3
> shouldn't be the only reason to support any feature.
> I would also agree not to use SVG Fonts as a default font for the
> upcoming SVG1.1se test suite. We shouldn't test SVG Font support on
> every test. I like the idea of using SVG Fonts to have a one by one
> match of the actual rendering and the reference image, but a wrong
> implementation of SVG Fonts will cause failing all tests.

It's hard to accept that making SVG fonts the default for tests is
really being considered.

The test mantra at the beginning was to use only the features required
to frame the test and invoke it.  The idea being that if you can't
even show a simple test frame, you aren't ready for the suite anyway.

To make moderately high level feature like SVG Fonts a base
requirement for using the test suite would be, IMHO, very poor
judgement indeed.

--
Cheers!
Rick