RE: How does the svg element handle CSS border and background-color?

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010, Kevin Ar18 wrote:

> I'm not sure if it is a spec issue or a misunderstanding, but the
> browsers can't seem to agree on whether the svg element should act like
> an invisible blocking layer to content underneath. Opera thinks it
> should not block content underneat or dispatch events when using
> position:absolute; but that it should trigger events when inline.
> Firefox, thinks the svg element should act like an invisible layer
> blocking access to items underneath. [...]
>
> Maybe this issue has nothing to do with html; maybe it needs some
> clarification in CSS instead.

This sounds like something that should be defined in SVG and/or DOM Events
(assuming you mean "blocking" for the purposes of mouse clicks), not in
HTML. The same problem would occur without HTML being involved at all,
e.g. if you just had a random XML element styled with CSS which then had
SVG inside it.