Re: Margins for filters?

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 11:41 PM, Jasper van de Gronde <
th.v.d.gronde@hccnet.nl> wrote:

> As it is now Inkscape basically still has to implement most of the logic
> for doing it right automatically AND has to support clipping to the filter
> effects region...

So does Gecko, and any SVG implementation that wants to not hang when it
encounters SVG filters created by a lazy author or tool. And of course Web
browsers always encounter content created by lazy authors and tools :-). I'm
looking at http://ejohn.org/files/ecma-cloud.svg again...

That's exactly why dropping filter effects regions would actually make our
code simpler, and ultimately would make every serious implementation
simpler.

Rob
53:5-6]