Re: Margins for filters?

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 3:20 AM, Jasper van de Gronde <
th.v.d.gronde@hccnet.nl> wrote:

> Furthermore, have you considered an "auto" setting? For a lot of primitives
> it is trivial to determine the appropriate margin (they don't need one), and
> for things like blur, offset and the morphology filters it's not a big
> problem either. There are some (like convolution) that could be a little bit
> trickier (when using the bias property for example), but I think most can
> simply do without a margin by default.

I recommend everyone just implement "auto" and we amend the spec to not clip
to the filter region. Then authors don't need to worry much about what they
set it to, and we don't need new syntax to help them set it more accurately.

See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2008May/0014.html for more
details.

Rob
53:5-6]