Re: SVG Compositing

ISSUE-2007 is about the difference between 'enable-background' in
compositing and filters.
ISSUE-2188 is about the background-image problem Robert wrote about.

Opera implements what SVG 1.1 said since there was no compositing spec at
the time (though as Robert notes, there are some bugs).

Cheers
/Erik

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 18:59:03 +0200, Dirk Schulze <vbs85@gmx.de> wrote:

> Does Opera support one of the enable-background specifications
> completely? If yes, which one?
> Should the current description in SVG Composite change, or the one in
> SVG 1.1?
>
> Cheers
> Dirk
>
> Am Mittwoch, den 14.04.2010, 17:27 +0200 schrieb Erik Dahlstrom:
>> On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 06:40:01 +0200, Robert O'Callahan
>> <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:
>>
>> > The BackgroundImage feature has a serious problem that makes it really
>> > hard
>> > to implement correctly. (Opera's implementation, the only one I've
>> > tested,
>> > doesn't do it right.) See
>> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2008Jun/0007.html
>>
>> Also note that the background-image handling in compositing is defined
>> in
>> a slightly different way from that in filters.
>>
>> Cheers
>> /Erik

Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group