Re: Minutes, 12 November 2009 SVG WG telcon

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 3:21 PM, Doug Schepers wrote:

> No, SVG Full 1.2 is no longer under development.  The implementation climate
> has changed, and some of the features defined for SVG 1.2 (both Full and
> Tiny) are not as relevant now as they were at that time.
>
> The SVG WG is taking the best features from SVG 1.2, and new implementation
> experience and use cases, and developing SVG 2.0 with the active
> participation of browser vendors and collaboration with the CSS, WebApps,
> XSL-FO, and HTML WGs (among others, such as the Internationalization and
> Accessibility activities).
>
> We are developing SVG 2.0 as a series of modules that can be used to
> incrementally expand earlier SVG specifications, or implemented as a
> comprehensive specification.

Thank you, Doug. So e.g. the planned 2.5D transformations spec will
move to 2.0 as well?

Is there general agreement at this stage what primary focus of 2.0
would be, if such could be specified? I see that most participators
you mention generally fall into "web" category. How much attention
could be given to "design" category which is rather omnivore :) and
deals with both web and print. And what would be expected from
"design" collaborators?

Alexandre