Re: Method for server push via Never-ended documents (xhtml, xml, svg)...

Hi Félix:

I don't speak for the SVG Working Group, ex-member.  There has been
discussion in the past about streaming SVG and how it should work.  I
don't know what the sate of that is.

You can achieve a similar effect now using XMLHTTPRequest (Ajax) and
multipart/mime by leaving the connection open so you don't have the
overhead of new connection objects.

The industry term for this is Comet.

I pan to implement this but I haven't done so yet.

Here are some links that I have put aside for further study:

http://www.captain.at/ajax-file-upload.php
http://www.megasolutions.net/javascript/ajax-multipart-problem-75580.aspx
http://bytes.com/groups/javascript/648903-ajax-multipart-problem
http://prototype.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8886/tickets/498-prototype-messes-up-the-multipart-boundary