Re: SVG in text/html

On Mar 27, 2009, at 09:55, Andreas Neumann wrote:
> If webbrowsers start to accept crappy SVG syntax it will encourage the
> spread of crappy SVG content and thus force the other developers,
> users
> and applications besides webbrowser to also parse invalid syntaxes.

SVG-in-text/html parsing rules do not change change how browsers parse
image/svg+xml.

It would be useful, though, if SVG image editors had the same level of
support for importing SVG-in-text/html as they have for importing SVG-
in-application/xhtml+xml. This will be achievable by using off-the-
shelf text/html parsers.

In any case, I think a Web consortium should focus on fostering the
use of SVG on the Web when use on the Web and use in "places besides
the web" are perceived to be in conflict.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi