SVG Revision of HTML5 Proposal (ACTION-117) (was: Input on the agenda)

Hi, HTML WG-

Ian Hickson wrote (on 3/23/09 9:04 PM):

> ACTION-117 on Doug Schepers: Get svg working group to propose specific
> text - due 2009-03-26 - open
>
>     It's not clear that specific text would be especially useful; the
>     proposal was clear enough on what was desired as far as I can tell.

The SVG WG has followed the HTML Co-Chair's request and produced a
modified version of some of the HTML5 proposal, with integrated changes
called out via CSS styles, with links to the original wording [1].  The
changes are not comprehensive, but do start to address some of our
feedback.  We don't mind if the wording is changed to meet the needs of
the HTML spec, but we would like the spirit of the changes to be
honored.  If there is a particular problem, we'd like to discuss that in
detail.  We hope that this wording helps clarify what we're looking for.

>     What would be particularly helpful is replies to the topics discussed
>     by these e-mails:
>
>        http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Mar/0230.html
>        http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Mar/0231.html
>
>     It is not clear to me whether the SVGWG agrees with the reasoning I put
>     forward on these issues or whether I am wrong; in the latter case, it
>     would be helpful if my errors could be pointed out.

With regards to the outstanding issues, we've put what we consider to be
reasonable language in our revision of the sections in question.

>     Modulo those issues, I expect to integrate the SVGWG's proposal into
>     the HTML5 spec within a few days.

Great, we look forward to reviewing it.  Pointers to specific changes
made, and how they address the SVG WG's comments, would be appreciated,
since you are in the best position to understand and describe the
implications of your wording changes.

Also, when the HTML WG discusses SVG, we do appreciate copying www-svg,
since there is simply too much traffic on public-html to monitor closely.

[1] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/proposals/svg-html/html5-mod.html

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs