Re: Embedding dynamic JSVGCanvas in SWT

Hi Luke,

> I need to embed a JSVGCanvas inside of an application that's using SWT.
> I've seen a couple ideas for how to do this around the net (here and here),
> but none of them seem to support an SVG canvas that can be (easily and with
> decent performance) manipulated with mouse / keyboard events.  The canvas
> also needs to be able to re-render itself as these events occur (dragging
> shapes, for example), so exporting to a static image format is not a
> preferred workaround...

You may want to take a look at GLIPS Graffiti [1], an SVG editor in
Java which uses a tight integration between Batik and other (Swing)
widgets to provide (what I'd see as) a similar solution... :-)

I'd invite you to post follow-up messages into support-related mailing
lists such as SVG Developers [2] (general SVG support) or Batik users
[3] (Batik-specific) as this mailing list is more targeted at
"technical discussion on Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) and its
specifications" [4]. ;-)

> Thanks in advance,
> Luke

Hope this helps,