Re: Apparent bug in SVG DTD

On Sat, 3 Jan 2009 16:14:16 +0100, you wrote:

>I've been thinking about this but I'm unsure as to what would work.
>Adding that information in the comments might be useful but will not
>help in the case of software that uses a source from almost a decade
>ago. There may be a smart HTTP trick to flag this without disturbing
>what currently works but I can't think of one that would actually have
>any impact. Maybe there is a need for W3C to provide a "latest" link
>for resources such as schemata in the same way that they do for specs.

I would think that once a draft becomes definitively obsolete, it would
be in the best interest of all concerned if it were marked in such a way
that it would actively stop working. Yes, you'd get plenty of
complaints, but the pain would be short-lived, and the world would be a
better place afterwards.

Steve Schafer
Fenestra Technologies Corp.
http://www.fenestra.com/