Re: SVG Masking and different implementations

Am Montag, den 16.02.2009, 20:15 +1300 schrieb Robert O'Callahan:
> On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 8:35 AM, Dirk Schulze <vbs85@gmx.de> wrote:
>         I tried
>         http://trac.webkit.org/export/40986/trunk/LayoutTests/svg/custom/grayscale-gradient-mask.svg on different svg-viewers/browsers and find that the drawing of Opera, librsvg, Incscape differs to firefox, Safari, Batik.
>
> Can you be more specific (perhaps using screenshots) about what
> differences you see? Because FF trunk, Safari 3.2 and Opera 9.51 (all
> Mac) look roughly identical to me for that testcase.
>
> Rob
> --
> "He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our
> iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by
> his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each
> of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the
> iniquity of us all." [Isaiah 53:5-6]

Compare the "gradient"-length of the first and the second image. The
first drawing is of opera 10, the second of FF 3:

http://www1.inf.tu-dresden.de/~s7468461/opera.png
http://www1.inf.tu-dresden.de/~s7468461/ff.png

There is only a minimal difference, but the gradient of Firefox is
shorter (or more transparent) than the gradient of Opera.

Dirk