Re: is there a testcase that uses external RDF or RSS?**

Hi, Jonathan-

(Reordered a bit for clarity)

"~:'' ありがとうございました。" wrote (on 3/31/09 7:42 AM):

> is there a testcase that uses external RDF or RSS?**

> SVG1.2 17.2 Referencing external titles, descriptions and metadata
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-SVG12-20041027/nonvisual.html#external-metadata

Not that I know of.  There's no such functionality in SVG 1.1 or SVG
Tiny 1.2 (for which we are maintaining test suites).

> **you were kind enough to create this demonstration using script to
> 'read' the rdf embedded in an svg document:
> http://svg-whiz.com/svg/rdf/rdf-script_access.svg
> again another simple working example would be very kind!

A working example that does what, exactly?

> Has SVG1.2 17.2 been implemented in recent builds of mozilla, opera,
> webkit or another UA?

I doubt it.  That was functionality that was included in SVG Full 1.2,
but it didn't make the cut for SVG Tiny 1.2.  We are currently splitting
out some bits of SVG Full 1.2 as modules, and may integrate more of it
into SVG 2.0, but we have no plans to bring the entire existing draft of
SVG Full 1.2 to Recommendation.  (There would need to be quite a lot of
rewriting even if we did... that section you point to is actually pretty
unclear.  The features that are needed in SVG now are not necessarily
the same set as were included in SVG Full 1.2, and in any case, would
constitute more than a point-release... therefore, we are moving forward
with modules and with SVG 2.0.)

> Is there any known workaround to include external RDF or RSS in SVG1.1?

None that I know of, but I did manage a neat trick a while back with
applying an external CSS stylesheet via the XHTML <link> element:
  http://schepers.cc/?p=82

You could try to apply the same technique with RSS and RDF, something
like...

<xhtml:link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS"
href="url/to/rss/file">

(Don't forget the namespace declaration in the root! You might start
with my example and change it as needed:
http://www.schepers.cc/svg/style/external-link-xhtml.svg)