Re: [1.2T-LC] Comments on Last Call WD of SVG T1.2 (ISSUE-2143)

Cyril Concolato wrote:

> * Section 7.10 Establishing a new viewport
> I don't understand the note about clipping and overflow. The overflow property is not supported in Tiny 1.2, so it means that 1.2 player will ignore any overflow attribute.

Correct. This paragraph is an informative note warning content authors that since clipping isn't part of Tiny 1.2 they will see a much different result in a viewer that does support clipping - unless care is taken to make sure that there is no overflow. If you follow the links for 'overflow' you'll see that they go to SVG 1.1. I have now added text to state explicitly that one example where the rendered result might be different would be in an SVG 1.1 Full user agent.

Please let us know if this satisfies your comment.

Cheers
/Erik

[1] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.2T/publish/coords.html#EstablishingANewViewport

Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group