Re: Notes on implementing non-local URI references and resource documents

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 1:00 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

> Opera currently allows cross-domain references in svg, but applies
>> restrictions on trying to access the DOM of those documents, similar to how
>> <iframe> is handled.
>>

> I don't believe the SVG specification has any way of accessing the DOM of
> resource documents to start with, so it sounds like we're not talking about
> the same thing here.

There actually is one way: nodes created by <use> should implement
SVGElementInstance, whose 'correspondingElement' property gives you a
reference to the DOM node in the resource document.
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/struct.html#InterfaceSVGElementInstance
Maybe that's what Erik was talking about.

Rob
53:5-6]