Re: SVG "zoomAndPan" attribute (ISSUE-2167)

Hi, Robert-

Robert Longson wrote (on 10/31/08 4:28 PM):
> Doug,
>
> Have you also changed the DOM text?
> http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/svgudom.html has this:
>
> The uDOM attributes |currentScale|
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/svgudom.html#svg__SVGSVGElement_currentScale>,
> |currentRotate|
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/svgudom.html#svg__SVGSVGElement_currentRotate>
> and |currentTranslate|
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/svgudom.html#svg__SVGSVGElement_currentTranslate>
> are combined to form a user agent transformation which is applied at the
> outermost level on the SVG document (i.e. outside the 'svg'
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/struct.html#SVGElement> element) if
> "magnification" is enabled (i.e. 'zoomAndPan'
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/interact.html#ZoomAndPanAttribute>
> attribute is set to magnify). Their values can potentially be modified
> through user-agent specific UI. User agent transformation can be
> obtained by multiplying the matrix.
>
> This is incorrect as we want the attributes to be applied irrespective
> of whether "magnification" is enabled. Removing the text "if
> "magnification" is enabled (i.e. 'zoomAndPan'
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/interact.html#ZoomAndPanAttribute>
> attribute is set to magnify)" would satisfy me.

Thanks for pointing that out.  The restriction does still apply to user
agent UI controls, just not to script, so rather than remove the
passage, I simply moved it to the next sentence, where it actually applies:

 http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.2T/publish/svgudom.html#svg__SVGSVGElement

Please let me know if this is satisfactory to you.

Regards-
-Doug