Re: event bubbling and focusHighlight

Erik,

thanks for the rapid response,
my concern is that when navigating with the keyboard the
focusHighlight surrounds the element with focus in each case.
however when using the mouse, the focusHighlight surrounds the
descendent clicked, when this has not been set to be focusable
directly, rather than the element which was set to monitor focus events.
there is an additional issue that 7 alert dialogues are raised on the
middle element, why might this might be?

on a related issue, is it the case that title content is always that
of the child, where there is a choice?
eg the fruit all have title fruit but this isn't displayed in the
tooltip.

evidently one workaround for these issues is to include a transparent
top layer, possibly shaped where necessary to the underlying parts.
however this solution lacks elegance.

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd

j.chetwynd@btinternet.com