Re: Weather in London icon as email signature

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 11:04:28 +0200, Jonathan Chetwynd
<j.chetwynd@btinternet.com> wrote:

> My wife and daughter are off to Australia to see the family.
>
> an email with a 'live' weather icon for the current weather would be
> useful.

For user security/privacy, a common option in email is not to allow any
live data connection (since these are used by spammers). So it would have
to be generated by the email client at send time and included as a
self-contained image.

> less busy and easier to find than a link.
> also of course it could be pasted into a page of useful other info
> like pictures of Qantas planes being patched

What? Qantas planes are perfect - I saw a statement by a Qantas
spokesperson that said so. Surely they don't need any patching.

cheers

Chaals

http://my.opera.com/chaals   Try Opera 9.5: http://www.opera.com