Re: UA: indicate missing content

Doug,

I read the proposed wording and it doesn't address the issue raised.
if width and height are not part of the svg1.2 spec then how would
 >> the user agent should provide a placeholder rectangle or image
with the position and dimensions specified by the element's attributes,
ever be satisfied?

your supposed solution is at best a hack.

This is a really complex area, and the current solution has by at
least on correspondent been described as naive.
users will learn little if anything from a broken link.

alt content at least needs to be discussed by a wide audience.
the case against re-introduction of height and width needs to be
stated clearly, hence my request to erik

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd

j.chetwynd@btinternet.com
http://www.openicon.org/